Blue Jackets Have 1 Goaltender Tonight, Amid Many Injuries In The Position

So, to everyone talking about goaltender trades, be advised that I'll be referencing this game when you do so till the end of time.  Yes, that headline is correct, Berube is the only goaltender available tonight for the Blue Jackets.  Merzlikins has now been ruled out since yesterday, and now joins Korpisalo (ruled day-to-day Wednesday) and Tarasov who's been out for the last month, due to his own injury.  This leaves us on, more or less, with our 4th string goaltender.  So, give the man all the support you can tonight, please.  It's only been about 4 years since his last NHL game start.  When asked about such, he told Jeff Svoboda this today: "It's been a long time since I was back in the NHL, and obviously I am more than ready for this opportunity and I'll make the best of it. ... I'm going to stick to what I do best."   

I personally wish him the very best of luck tonight.  The Sabres game tonight will begin at 6:00 PM EST.   Again, if there are any updates between now and then, I'll pass them on to you 5th Line.  

Go Berube!  

Source:

Jeff Svoboda Tweets:

1)  #CBJ goalie Jean-Francois Berube ahead of his first NHL start in almost four years: "It's been a long time since I was back in the NHL, and obviously I am more than ready for this opportunity and I'll make the best of it. ... I'm going to stick to what I do best."   

2)  "Regarding the goalie situation, with Merzlikins, Korpisalo and Tarasov all out with injuries, Berube starts and the only other #CBJ goalie currently under contract is Cam Johnson.

Johnson is with AHL Cleveland, which is playing in Charlotte. He started last night."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One