Domi, Merzlikins And Boqvist Injury Updates- Blue Jackets NHL- 3/21/22

Trade Deadline Day is like Draft Day.  Wait 15 minutes and what I've just posted has updated and changed!  I love hockey, really I do.  

So, we have some news from Head Coach Brad Larson.  First off, according to him Domi had a reason to miss practice today.  Him doing so has nothing to do with today being the Trade Deadline, but rather an issue with his foot, requiring a "Maintenance Day".  Hopefully it clears up soon and if he's still a Blue Jacket by days end, he can play against the Penguins, tomorrow.  

Playing against the Penguins will likely not be in Merzlikins future however.  As expected with thee team Calling the Monsters for Berube, Merzlikins is officially on the Injury Reserve List.  Again, he's found himself in another "day to day" injury situation.  I don't want to know how many times I've written this during the season for all Blue Jackets Goaltender combined...I just don't...but can assure you it has to be over 10 now.  Anyway 5th Line, this is an upper body injury too, so the knee theory is out the window.  This means unless his back did lock up on him, as I saw randomly on social media once, it's unclear what this injury is.  The upper body ties a nice bow around a lot of theories, ones I won't randomly pull straws at.  We'll just have to watch the situation unfold as it may.  

Bonus, Boqvist, who has also been dealing with his own upper body injury, is improving according to the Head Coach, too.  So, a little good news you didn't probably expect today.  

Right now, we're within 3 hours for the Trade Deadline.  With this news on Domi, I'm not completely convinced anything will happen today.  If that is the case, happy day 5th Line!  As I've said, there isn't a whole lot, if anything, that I'd change about this current team.  Most of us reporting on this team all season have said one thing consistently, this team will be great, it just needs some more practice.  Well, that and less injuries!  I mean, let's be realistic.  

I'll keep you posted 5th Line.       


Source Jeff Svoboda Tweet

1)  #CBJ head coach Brad Larsen said Max Domi missed practice today because of a maintenance day (foot). “I’m not lying. I know you think I’m BSing.”
Elvis Merzlikins is day-to-day (upper body). Adam Boqvist (upper body) is getting better but they’re taking it slow. Practiced today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One