Werenski Update During Game- 3/26/22

Tonight we saw a nasty hit between a Columbus Blue Jackets star Defenseman, Zach Werenski, and a player from the Minnesota Wild.  Just about a minute ago Jeff Svoboda Retweeted this update about Zach Werenski, originally posted by CBJ Public Relations Official Account.  

INJURY UPDATE: #CBJ defenseman Zach Werenski suffered an upper body injury in the first period and will not return to tonight’s game.

Sadly, with tonight's game being on only ESPN+ or Hulu, I can't offer any comment on the hit, as I'd be repeating what someone has already said. Further, if I can see video on the internet I'll add to this post, or put such comments in my Game Recap post, as I've heard multiple accounts as to what happened. I can say though that I'm sure such news will energize this Blue Jackets team to win tonight, however. It surely did the last time when we saw multiple players injured in what ended as a 3-2 Blue Jackets win in Nationwide Arena, settled by a Shootout. I can also say I wish Werenski the very best and hope he's alright.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One