Blue Jackets Fans, We're Going To Be Missing Several Players Tonight. 4/28/22

I'd say these two fan favorites are out for the remainder of the season.  However, that's 2 more games and I don't like to panic my readers.  With that being said, I'm sad myself.  I've seen Zach Werenski play several times and look forward to any time I get to watch him do so, in person.  However, the team will not just be without him and his unfortunately broken noes, but also without new fan favorite, Nick Blankenburg.  His injury is cited as "upper body" by Jeff Svoboda who spoke with Head Coach Brad Larson, today.  So, the season is over for the both of them.  

Personally, with his 1 goal and 2 assists in just 7 games since he signed with the team, roughly 2 weeks ago, has proven his worth to me.  I'd resign him without a second though.  Not only can he score, but he can be physical, if needed.  

As for Werenski, talk about your tough player.  Not that we didn't know this, but to come back and play half a hockey game, against the 2 time Stanley Cup Winners, with a broken nose?  Talk about grit man.  Am I surprise?  No.  Impressed, always.  

So, via Jeff Svoboda, a fully quoted Tweet regarding the current injury list.  "This happens at the end of a season when playoffs are off the table, but it is still a lengthy #CBJ walking wounded list including Jenner, Werenski, Laine, Kuraly, Texier, Korpisalo, Boqvist, Blankenburg, and Tarasov, all out tonight (and probably tomorrow)."

While we're at it, I like to leave the posts on a high note, if I can.  Merzlikins opened the season at home and tonight he will close it out.  Good luck to him as he takes the Columbus Blue Jackets home net for the final time this 2021-22 NHL Season.  

Another happy note, Happy Birthday to Joonas Korpisalo, who turns 28 today!  

Also, writers note, my post will be late tonight as I'll be at the game with you 5th Line!  I can't wait!!!

Go CBJ!     

Source:

Jeff Svoboda (@JacketsInsider) on Twitter.  4/28/22  

1)  "#CBJ coach Brad Larsen confirms it’s a broken nose for Zach Werenski. He’s out getting it … unbroken, or whatever happens with noses.

Upper-body injury for Nick Blankenburg after taking a hit early vs. Tampa on Tuesday. Still led the team in hits. Impressive."

2) "#CBJ will be without Zach Werenski and Nick Blankenburg for the last two games, head coach Brad Larsen says. Elvis Merzlikins in net again tonight vs. Tampa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One