Optional Practice Today Leads To Some Hope For Another Blue Jackets Return- 4/23/22

Let me start off by saying I understand some fans thoughts on certain players, who've been out many times this season due to injury and are again, staying out for the last 4 games to fully recover.  I understand how the player mentality works though, these men want to play and if there is a chance they can, no playoff bid to play for is irrelevant.  I don't know these players directly, however if I were them, I'd want to finish out my season.  This is why I believe Zach Werenski was back at today's Columbus Blue Jackets Optional Team Practice.  Now, keep in mind we saw Chinahov return to a full team practice yesterday, however he didn't play last night.  To me, I think these two players are coming off injury reserve and testing if they can return, finishing out the season on ice with their team.  The last Blue Jackets game of the 2021-22 NHL Season is Friday, 6 days away.  I can't believe this but in a large part, considering there were 82 games in the season again, it's flown by to me.  It's hard to say if either of these two players will return to play on or before next Friday's game in Pittsburgh, at the Penguins.  However, seeing them on ice, suited up and with their team is a relief.  I continue to wish them and all of our other injured guys the very best.  Again, thank you Jeff Svoboda for the eyes on the ice as always.  

Go CBJ!

Source:

Jeff Svoboda Twitter Post (4/23/22)  Tweet Sourced:  "Zach Werenski and Yegor Chinakhov among those taking part in a #CBJ optional practice today" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One