Post-Season Wrap Up For Patrik Laine! 4/30/22

Okay all, doing these for all the comments this season will likely take me a few days.  Also, the playoff start Tuesday, but I will get these done for each play eventually.  Remember, I'm a one woman show here!  I picked this man first because with him being an Restricted Free Agent and the player with the second most goals for the Columbus Blue Jackets this season, he seemed like an important first recap for you all.  So 5th Line, let's talk about Patrik Laine!  

The newly 24-year-old Blue Jacket, as I said, had the second most goals this season.  He managed this even after being injured, against the L.A. Kings in L.A., on April 19th.  This season he played 56 total games.  Remember, he had this injury and also one back in November, with an Oblique Strain.  The November injury was set to take a 6 weeks recovery.  However, he returned toward the end of December, due to the unexpected passing of his father.  Since his return in December and him going back on injury leave, for the remainder of the season in April, he had an 11 game point streak.  During this he scored 13 goals and 8 assists, for a grand total of 21 points.  His total goals this season were 26, while his total assist were 30.  So, in reality he played 56 games and scored 56 points!  In addition to all of this, he also played his 400th game as an NHL player during this 2021-22 NHL Season.   So, to say Patrik Laine had a good season, seems like an understatement.  

In regards to next season, remember, in my intro I mentioned how he is a Restricted Free Agent.  Jeff Svoboda spoke with Laine this morning about such.  He had this to say:  "I don’t think it should be an issue. They’ve expressed they want me here. I’ve said the same thing. The feeling is mutual. Just figure out the term and money and all that and I think we should be fine.” This is nice to hear as we head into the off season. Less to worry about as we do.

Congratulations to you Patrik Laine on an incredible 2021-22 NHL season with the Columbus Blue Jackets. I can't wait to wear my new #29 shirt next season, while watching you play your third season with this team!

Go CBJ!

Source: Jeff Svoboda Tweet on 4/20/22: "An RFA now, Patrik Laine is asked about his contract situation: “I don’t think it should be an issue. They’ve expressed they want me here. I’ve said the same thing. The feeling is mutual. Just figure out the term and money and all that and I think we should be fine.” #CBJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One