Apologies to Team Latvia And Merzlikins Fans- 5/21/22

Yesterday I made a post regarding Elvis Merzlikins making 29 saves on 32 shots on his Latvian net by Team Austria.  I didn't even think to check the Game Summary on the IIHF website, I just assumed Merzlikins was in net.  This was unprofessional of me, as Merzlikins played backup in this game and never held net during such.  I sincerely apologize to my readers, Elvis Merzlikins, Team Latvia and especially Arturs Silovs who actually played this full game, overtime and shootout for Team Latvia.  Congratulations to him and I promise I'll be more observant in the future before posting such, especially when in another country from which these games are taking place and unable to personally watch them. 

Again, my apologies to all.  

Source:  "“IIHF - Schedule and Results 2022 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship.” IIHF International Ice Hockey Federation, https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2022/wm/schedule. "      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One