Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Alexander Texier Will Not Return- 8/24/22

It's somber news that I feel many of us had moved on from, believing the chance of this news coming had passed.  Last season in January, against the Calgary Flames, Alexander Texier suffered a broken finger.  This would be his final game with the team last season.  Although the injury happened in January, he'd been just about ready to return to the ice when his family suffered a multiple family loss.  At this time Alexander Texier would return home to France and be excused for the remainder of the 2021-2022 NHL Season.  

Alexander Texier returned to the ice in May, playing for his home country of France in the 2022 IIHF Worlds Tournament.  He played incredibly well, which gave many fans and myself hope for his future in a Columbus Blue Jackets Jersey.  Not that we needed much, he was having one of his best seasons last year, in 36 games he had 11 goals and 9 assists for 20 total points.  Keep in mind, 36 games isn't even havl the season.  It was amazing to think about what he could do, especially with Laine being signed back, Johnny Hockey coming here, and mixing them both with the established team we already had, Texier included.  Now today I'm saddened to pass on to you all that Alexander Texier will not be on this incredible roster, which I know many of us had seen so much promises in, this summer.    

A statement from Alexander Texier, via @JacketsInsider Jeff Svoboda on Twitter, said this:  "Statement from Alexandre Texier: "During the past year, I have experienced some personal issues and challenges and I feel I need to be close to my family at this time. ... This was a hard decision, but it is the best one for me right now." #CBJ"

So, where will he play now? Europe. This is also via Jeff Svoboda. Where exactly in Europe he doesn't say, but anywhere would be closer to his family than North Ameria, an ocean away. Like many of you, I don't want to see Texier go. He's a 22-year-old with a lot of great potential at the Center position. Right now though, his family needs him more than we do, and I feel we have no basis to be upset with him. Keep in mind also 5th Line, we can still cheer him on as he plays accross the pond. Further, this may not be the last we see of Texier. He's so young and has a long career ahead of him. Many of you like my optimism, so I'll leave this post with a simple, realistic fact. Alexander Texier, at some point, could be a Blue Jacket again. For right now though he needs to take his time and be at home. I tip my theoretical hat to him, knowing where he needs to be at such a young age. He's a wise, young player clearly, both on and off the ice. Why do I say this? It's clear in our General Manager's comments that no ties have been broken between Texier and the Columbus Blue Jackets. You can read it below.

Jarmo, continued: "While we are disappointed Tex will not be joining us for the 2022-23 season as we anticipated, his mental health and well-being remain our top priority and we will continue to support him in any way we can." #CBJ"

I wish Alexander Texier and his family, nothing but the best.

Source:

Jeff Svoboda Tweets on 8/24/22

"Statement from Alexandre Texier: "During the past year, I have experienced some personal issues and challenges and I feel I need to be close to my family at this time. ... This was a hard decision, but it is the best one for me right now." #CBJ"

"Texier was granted a leave of absence by the club last March. As part of an agreement between the club, NHL, NHLPA and the player, Texier will be permitted to sign a one-year contract to play in Europe for the 2022-23 season. His salary will not count against the cap. #CBJ"

"Jarmo, continued: "While we are disappointed Tex will not be joining us for the 2022-23 season as we anticipated, his mental health and well-being remain our top priority and we will continue to support him in any way we can." #CBJ"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One