With the 3rd Overall Pick in the 2023 NHL Draft, Our Columbus Blue Jackets Select....

It doesn't seem possible that this is my fourth time covering the NHL Draft for our Columbus Blue Jackets, and yet, it is. Every year I get the chills, and this one is amplified as we have the 3rd Overall Pick. It is an incredible pool of young players to pick from this time around. I know many wanted the 1st Round Pick after the season we have, but we must keep in mind that many of the incredible Centers available in this draft would be that 1st Pick if not for Conner Bedard. Further, our team wasn't the best it could've been last season due to injury, not even close. Our front office has already started making moves to improve this team and put last season far behind us. With that all said, this night is finally here, and it's time to meet our newest Columbus Blue Jackets. Best of all, this is the player I've wanted since I started recording Big Ten Hockey in January. Come on down from Michigan, Mr. Adam Fantilli!     

This guy can score some slick goals, but he also doesn't hog the puck. Watching him play has made me fantasize about one line for months, and that's him centering fellow Michigan Alum Kent Johnson. I haven't put much thought into who goes on the other side of that line since this was a pipe dream in my mind, so I'll leave that to you all! Who would you put beside him?

Fantilli is 6'2, with 190 pounds of muscle to throw around. Over 36 games this season he had 30 goals and 35 assists for 65 points. Trust me, 5th Line, I have tears of joy and relief in my eyes because this is the guy we need. I could not be happier. Further, an appearance in the Frozen Four, plus a 10-game, 1-2-3 stretch for a Gold Medal at the World Juniors. Mic drop, welcome to Columbus. 

Let's Go CBJ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One