Emil Bemstrom TRADED to Pittsburgh Penguins: 2/22/24

It's a fond farewell to Emil Bemstrom, also known to the 5th Line as Bemmer. Emil Bemstrom has only ever been a Columbus Blue Jacket, Drafted by us in 2017 in the 4th round at 117. This season, he's struggled with injury but managed to have five goals and six assists throughout thirty-two games. He was a piece to be traded to some, while others saw him as a favorite player. I know the Pittsburgh Penguins are rivals, but I wish him the best! 

Now, who we got is shocking to me, I won't lie. Alex Nylander is a talented player...but he's only played fourteen games over the last two seasons and has had one goal and one assist. When healthy, he's gifted. All we have to do is hope that happens in Columbus. In his six NHL seasons, Nylander has played just ninety-six games but has had thirty-four points. This number is made up of fourteen goals and twenty assists. 

I'll be curious to see how this goes. On one hand, Alex Nylander is a name I know. For a few seasons he was fire on ice. Recently, injuries have plagued him, but with any luck, that won't translate here. I'm eager to see where he might fit in this lineup when he can play again, and I hope it's soon so I can watch him play in person. In addition to Nylander, we do have a potential sixth-round pick coming our way for 2024. I thought John Davidson would hold his cards until at least the week of the 2024 Trade Deadline, especially after letting General Manager Jarmo Kekalainan go. Apparently, I was wrong, and that makes the most uneventful seasons still exciting! 

We'll see what happens next. 

Good luck, Bemmer. We'll miss you, #52! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Ranger's Elimination From the 2024 NHL Playoffs Means for the Columbus Blue Jackets Acquired 2026 Draft Pick

Brenden Gaunce, Nick Blankenburg, and Jake Bean Sign NHL Deals Away From Columbus Blue Jackets

Rest in Peace, Johnny and Mathew Gaudreau- Part One